Sunday, May 6, 2012

CARLOS V


I’m the son of Juana the Mad and Philip the Fair. I was born on the 24th of February in 1500 in Ghent and I was educated in the Nederlands.

In 1515 I assumed the power of the states of the House of Burgundy after the death of my paternal grand-mother, Mary of Burgundy. In 1516 after the death of my maternal grand-father Ferdinand, inherited states of the Hasburg heritage.

In 1517 I came to visit mother after twelve years without seeing her and hardly speak Castilian. I had a little conflict with my brother Ferdinand of Aragon to know who would  keep the crown of Castile.

When I came to Spain I had to name Castilian nobles and castilian appoint the most important positions in the kingdom instead of the german princes.

I had military conflicts with Francis I, between 1521 and 1544. At this time I married Isabel of Portugal, my cousin. And my wife died in 1539.

1 comment:

  1. Martin Luther.5/18/2012 12:34 AM

    Dear Carlos V, I am Martin Luther. I wonder if you are a supporter and follower of my reform to combat the abuses carried out by the Catholic Church because of the power of religion?

    ReplyDelete

Write your comments below, but don´t forget to introduce yourself in the first sentence. For example:

I´m Leonardo Da vinci and...

Once you have finshed writing your comment, display the options which are on he right of "Comment as" and select NAME/URL. Then, write the name of the character you are performing. Finally, click on PUBLISH.

Thank you and remember to visit our blog from time to time.