Tuesday, April 24, 2012

MICHELANGELO BUONAROTTI

I am Michelangelo Bounaroti, I was born in Capresse (La Toscana) 6th March 1475, I am the second of five sons. I am a very famous architect, sculptor and Renaissance painter. From very small I was a very good artist. One of my first works are Masaccio and Giotto but my most important work is La Pietat, El David commissioned by Piero Soderini that was a big fan of mine. I was dating with Tommaso Cavalieri and then with Vittoria Colonna and when she dies in 1547 I was very unhappy. In 1496 I went to Rome to paint the Sistine Chapel because the pope told me.

My most popular works were The creation of man, the final judgment and Delfos and Silfíde.

In 1518 I made the facade of San Lonrenzo I improve the Palazzo Medici Riccardi in 1546 I desing the Capitol square.

I come back to the Toscana in 1501.

During my last twenty years I focus on architecture works directing the works of the Laurentian Library in Florence and in Rome, the remodeling of the Capitol Square, the Sforza chapel of St. Mary Major, the completion of the Farnese Palace, and above all, the end of the Basilica of St. Peter's. I died in 1564, in Rome before see finished my work. I was borried in the churche of Santa Croce.


8 comments:

  1. Hernan Cortes5/18/2012 12:34 AM

    Michelangelo Bounarroti, faithful friend, my greatest wish is to have a picture in my palace with your signature. The table I wish it was brighty colored, flashy and the following main dimensions: 1.75 meters by 0,75 meters. Oh I forgot! The frame should be solid ebony wood and bright 6 cm thick. Would you be willing to accept this job? I would play you two ingots of gold and six of silver.

    THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michealangelo Bounarotti5/18/2012 2:53 AM

      I´m really agree with your propose but I would like to ask you for give me more money than you say. I think that the dimenstions of the picture are very disproporcionate.

      Delete
  2. Catherine of Aragon5/18/2012 12:37 AM

    Hello Michelangelo, I’m Catherine and I’m writing to you to make a very interesting proposal for you, some people say your art style is very good and I would like you to do me a picture, do you accept my proposal?
    I can pay whatever it takes to make my face is rendered in one of your famous paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michealangelo Bounarotti5/18/2012 2:54 AM

      I accept the propose because is the same that i propose to you. Is a big honor to make your portrait. But I need some money to buy materials to make the portrit.

      Delete
  3. Leonardo Da Vinci5/18/2012 12:40 AM

    Hi Michelangelo, I’m Leonardo. I just want to congratulate you because I think that “The creation of Adam” is a very nice piece of art. But I think that you didn’t represent the body’s anatomy correctly, so I think that, maybe, you could follow my canon of the perfect man next time. So bye, and think it over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michealangelo Bounarotti5/18/2012 2:55 AM

      I don't say anything wrong about your piece of art so you can tell me if my piece of art is good or bad, but you have to know that your artworks are ill.
      Apart from that I want to ask you if you like to make a project with me.

      Delete
  4. I´m Donatello. How are you doing with the Sistine Chapel? I have heard that you are taking it very hard, but also, that it seems spectacular. I would like to see you after you finish with it, to talk about business, I´m thinking in a very good idea and I´d like you to made with me. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michealangelo Bounarotti5/18/2012 2:55 AM

      The idea that you're proposing to me is very nice. I would like to make a artwork with your imaginations and with my intelligence we can make really good works.

      Delete

Write your comments below, but don´t forget to introduce yourself in the first sentence. For example:

I´m Leonardo Da vinci and...

Once you have finshed writing your comment, display the options which are on he right of "Comment as" and select NAME/URL. Then, write the name of the character you are performing. Finally, click on PUBLISH.

Thank you and remember to visit our blog from time to time.